Technical Animator required full-time for Toronto video game studio.
We are a brand new studio working with a renowned publisher, Devolver Digital on an unannounced new IP. Beans is an eclectic and diverse team, honouring openness and free expression across our team and in the games we’ll imagine. We are creative-first with a flat structure and believe amazing ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. Our founders have worked with some of the best AAA game developers in the world, bringing experience and passion to Bean’s growth, but have left the bureaucracy at the door. Our office is located in the west end of Toronto and we offer competitive salaries, flexible hours, health benefits, unlimited PTO, a relaxed atmosphere and spectacular cookies.
Our Technical Animator’s Impact
You will collaborate with our team to explore new technology and deliver technical animation, and will solve any rigging challenges that may arise as our team works together to create a first-person action adventure game. You will maintain and evolve our animation pipeline as the team grows, bringing fresh ideas that evolve our processes and technologies.
What your Day Might Look Like
- Working closely with team members to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline
- Creating animation systems (animation graphs, state machines) as well as implementing and working with interactive moments and props
- Collaborating with techs, animators and artists to create animator-friendly rigs, tools and scripts
- Designing and implementing processes that support and improve all applicable areas of the animation pipeline
- Working with the Art Director to create tools to support stylized animation
- Working with motion capture (capture, cleanup, implementation)
Skills You’ll Bring To Beans
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create animator-friendly rigs
- Experience building tools that support animation in DCC software (Maya, Motionbuilder) and in game engines
- An understanding of animation techniques, pipelines and processes
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, creativity and organizational skills
- 5+ years of experience in a technical position. Must have shipped at least one title.
- Proficiency with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine 4, 3ds Max, Maya.
- Motivated self starter who can execute with limited supervision
- Experience with stylized animation
- Ability to write scripts and code