We are a brand new studio working with a renowned publisher, Devolver Digital on an unannounced new IP. Beans is an eclectic and diverse team, honouring openness and free expression across our team and in the games we’ll imagine. We are creative-first with a flat structure and believe amazing ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. Our founders have worked with some of the best AAA game developers in the world, bringing experience and passion to Bean’s growth, but have left the bureaucracy at the door. Our office is located in the west end of Toronto and we offer competitive salaries, flexible hours, health benefits, unlimited PTO, a relaxed atmosphere and spectacular cookies.
The QA Analyst’s Impact
Beans is looking for a full-time QA Analyst to join our team at our newest office, located in beautiful Toronto! You bring deep investigative skills and a keen eye for identifying potential defects.
What Your Day Might Look Like
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases, test session charters and perform thorough exploratory testing.
- Help define JIRA best practices.
- Reproduce bugs and other known issues and accurately report them into JIRA, our project management software. Track and update your assigned tasks daily in JIRA as needed.
- Provide detailed reports on test results to the Producer.
- Monitor, assess and report on product quality. Provide input on ways to improve the quality of our games and internal tools.
- Coordinate the day to day test effort with project stakeholders.
- Interface with external testing teams, sending them test cases and approving their submissions.
- Track and update your assigned tasks daily in our project management software, JIRA
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Champion the end user, and work with the design, community and development teams to improve the player experience.
Skills You’ll Bring To Beans
- 1+ years of games testing experience.
- Experience playing console games.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and task management skills.
- Experience using test tools such as JIRA, Excel, Unreal
- Experience with online support, managing incoming ticket queues, or community management is a plus.